Gelite Air wheelchair pressure relief cushion
Innovative gel wheelchair cushion specially designed to provide pressure relief by combining our unique thermoplastic memory gel technology with air cavities for maximum immersion, comfort and prevention of pressure sores. Wheelchair users are at great risk from pressure sores (decubitus ulcers). A number of studies point to interface pressure between the body and the seating surface as the primary contributor to the formation of pressure sores. Working with an NHS specialist seating service, we have used detailed pressure mapping technology to help maximise the pressure relieving properties in the design and structure of the memory gel layer.
British Paralympic World Champion Power Lifter
"I have tried many cushions in the past and I have found that sitting for a long period of time really hurt my bottom and made me uncomfortable.
However, with the Gelite Air wheelchair pressure relief cushion I have found a comfortable cushion that supports my bottom for long periods of time, and aids my pushing performance as it helps my body posture to keep upright.
I would highly recommend the Gelite Air wheelchair pressure relief cushion to everyone that wants total comfort in wheelchairs.”
Gelite Air wheelchair cushion features the following benefits:
- Combined air and memory gel construction giving optimal immersion
- Outstanding pressure redistribution and postural support
- Self-contouring, super soft comfort feel and envelopment
- Flame retardant BS EN 597-1 & 2:1995, BS 7175:1989 ignition source 0,1,5
- Breathable 2-way stretch waterproof anti-microbial easy clean cover
- Welded anti-slip base
- Highly durable – Gel in equestrian pads still performing after 20 years
- Zero maintenance required – no pumps, valves or other adjustments
- Maximum user weight: 146kg (23 stone)
- Size: 43cm x 43cm x 6cm Cushion weight: 2.8kg
- 2 year Warranty against manufacturing defects